Paintable Surfaces - Applied Mouldings
Extend your creative flexibility and enhance the beauty of the opening by adding decorative mouldings. This stile and rail likeness takes the flush door to the level of fine millwork at a fraction of the cost of true stile and rail doors.
Mohawk offfers seven standard molding profiles and four standard surface applied configurations (MP2, MP3, MP4, and MP6). Your design options do not stop here as we have the capabilities to custom design your choice of moulding profiles and/or panel layouts. Prefinished doors are polywrapped to provide additional protection.
- Standard wood species is basswood; all other species by special request.
- Standard plant-on configurations have 6" stiles, 6" top rail, and 10" bottom rail prior to prefitting.
- Mouldings are attached without metal fasteners.
- Decorative moldings may be applied to fire doors with the following restrictions:
- Standard or custom profiles, maximum width 2-1/2", maximum height 3/4".
- Custom designs must be a minimum of 4" from edge of door or lite.
- Maximum area of molding not to exceed 22% of the area of the door.
Consult factory for specific fire door requirements.